Trinity Lutheran Church (TLC) is committed to providing a safe and healthy facility for our staff, members, volunteers, and visitors. This plan was developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure we implement strategies and procedures to preserve public health. It is expected that the entire church will have a role in implementing this plan to mitigate transmission of COVID-19 within our facility and our community that would result in a disruption to our mission. Therefore, all persons in our facility are expected to comply with all aspects of this plan. The church leadership and council have full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy.
This plan has been developed with church staff and members by reviewing policy, observing volunteer’s in action, and listening to concerns. Guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and State of New Jersey Executive Orders have been incorporated into the plan as appropriate including:
● Hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting;
● Prompt identification and isolation of sick persons;
● Controls for social distancing;
● Housekeeping, including cleaning, disinfection and decontamination;
● Communications and training that will be provided to persons on-site; and
● Management/Supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of the plan.